My Thanksgiving Day was wonderful. Marshall and Christy got in Wednesday evening and we ate pizza (always a part of the holidays somehow) and played word games. Then I attempted my dessert for the next day. Oh man was it work! Here's a pic of what it's suppose to look like.

So first I made the graham cracker crust-easy. Then I made the cookie dough. This part worried me because it was a dry dough and i just wasn't sure how that was going to turn out! Then I made the cheesecake (after cleaning the bowl for the second time). Then I put it all together and put it in the oven. Sounds quick, right? not. right. Mixing that cheesecake took forever, dumb cream cheese. haha anyways, 45 minutes later I took it out of the oven, let it cool, then placed it in the fridge in hopes that it would taste as delicious as it looks (in the pic) the next day.
Then I went. to. bed.
Thanksgiving morning I woke up and started watching the parade! woot woot! and I "saw" Jesse mccalister's girlfriend dance with the American Spirit Club or something like that. there was a lot of them, but I knew she was in there somewhere! My favorite broadway show they performed is a new one called "newsies" cause they did a tap dance!! I miss tapping so much!
So we started decorating for Thanksgiving and my Aunt Lynn's bday (she turned 50)
Around 10 my Aunt Mary and Uncle Nick showed up and then around 11:30 my Mamaw and the birthday girl arrived! We ate so much!!!! We had turkey, ham, corn casserole, green bean casserole, dirty rice, dressing, and rolls!
Dessert. oh my goodness. First I presented my dessert (whatever you want to call it) and it was *drumroll* ....................................................SO GOOD
I just love cheesecake so yeah :)
Not only did we have my dessert, but my aunt mary had brought GiGi's cupcakes for my Aunt Lynn! so then we had huge cupcakes!
After lunch we played some trivia games with the year 1961 since that's what year my aunt was born in.
We just chilled and then Mamaw and Aunt Lynn left. Then Aunt Mary and Uncle Nick left.
I decided to play wii so whenever I couldn't succeed or I found a funny game, Marshall and Christy would join.
We went to bed really early. haha Today we have a family reunion in Jayess (which I just love so much........)
Then Saturday we will be shopping! and I need to find Thomas a birthday present! Ahhhh!!!!!!!
did you get that idea from pinterest? It looks delicious!!!
ReplyDelete