Hallelujah for a marvelous Master, Lord, and Savior! Who gives us gifts in life that we don't deserve and at the same time He doesn't give us what we do deserve!
This revelation has slowly been making its way to my mind all Thanksgiving break. And it finally burst through this morning as I sat thinking. To sum up what I was thinking: I thought about Thomas and his family and how wonderful they are and how much I appreciate who they are. I just felt very undeserving of this aspect of my life.
Then I realize how many more areas of my life are just messed up and overall how undeserving I am of the grace that God gives me every second of every day! It's a great revelation to have on a Sunday morning so now I can go praise my God for all He is to me amongst many other followers.
Friday was family reunion day. It was, I don't know. :)
It was how it usually goes. I mean I see these people about once a year so it's the usual "catch up" questions. Good food. But I finally made it home. All I wanted to do was lay on the couch and sleep. (Marshall and Christy left from the reunion going back to Tupelo) So mom and I turned on the TV. She went to bed around 7 or 8 and so as I am about to just knock out on the couch, Thomas calls! woohoo! so we talk and talk and I kept getting msgs from my mom! who was upstairs in bed! One msg said, keep your phone on loud. another said, go turn on the back porch light. I thought oh my goodness i am about to die. Another msg said go lay on marshall's bed and watch for a car to drive up! I kept talking to Thomas and telling him all of these msgs and finally he goes if I knew I would tell you, do you believe me? and I said well yes (I mean how would he know he's in laurel "laying on the couch sideways with [his] laptop... wearing CRS shirt and orange shorts!" he goes.... I know. it's me. i'm coming.
AHHH!! I said haha what? or something like that.
Anyways, Thomas missed me so much he just asked his parents if he could come up and spend the night, go shopping with me the next day and then come back home! so he did!
We had a wonderful time! I was sad for him to leave but SO excited that I got to see him over break! :)
We shopped A LOT. i got some student teaching clothes and I got Thomas' Christmas present! (which I'm a little worried about but i'll let you know how that goes haha)
Break is almost over, but I am ready to go back to school.
(sorry no pictures this time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment