Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Part 2

So the second part of my Christmas involved going out to Clarkco and spending some time with the Callens. And I mean every last one of them-not quite. But there was Krisnan and Nick, Katie and Brad, Alex and Liz, Thomas, Anna, David, William, Patrick, Andrew. Then there was Uncle Kris and Aunt Elizabeth and their kids-Braxton (his gf Mimi), Taylor, and two others. Then Aunt Leslie and Uncle Danny and their kids-Erin, Jake, and two adopted kids from Ukraine. Then there was Gram and Mama and Papi. SO MANY PEOPLE!!! but it was fun! we got there late afternoon on Friday and ate supper and played some games. Then I left Saturday afternoon after we went to dirt cheap.
As I was nearing Brandon on I-20 (I was in my little car) I saw a deer come onto the road. I had my cruise on and I thought in my head, it's going to be across by the time I reach it. Then it stopped. I put my foot on the brake but for some reason I decided not to slam on brakes and try to actually stop my car, but I was just so in shock. so I moved lanes keeping in mind not to swerve. Of course the deer decided to move in front of my car and stop. so I hit it. going really fast. I heard a big boom and saw a lot of white. The hood popped up in front of my windshield and the air bag came out in front of my face. The deer went flying over my car and landed in the middle of the interstate. I screamed a little and quickly realized I was still moving and in the road so I peaked through the airbag and hood and saw the road so I moved off the road and brought my car to a stop. I've never had the airbag come out on me so I smelled this awful smoke smell so I grabbed my phone and turned my car off and jumped out as fast as I could and looked for smoke coming out anywhere, but I guess it was the airbag. I called my mom and then I called Thomas. A man stopped and checked on me and called 911 for me. By the time everyone was called and I was done with whatever business, it was too dark to take a picture of the car. But basically the hood was up in front of the windshield and the front bumper was a bit bent in. I didn't really check the inside stuff cause I don't like being close to the road while cars are driving by-crazy right? haha
anyways, since it was Christmas Eve, it's taking a little longer for businesses to open and find out exactly what's wrong and if it's actually totaled. Good thing is I wasn't hurt at all and wasn't even sore the next day. I'm sore today because I worked out yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks haha
On Christmas Day we went to church and when I walked in I grabbed a bulletin. I looked and saw where Adam was playing piano and Kathleen was lighting the advent candle! So then I was talking to Adam before church and Scott walks up! It was totally cool because we four made up the youth group when I was in high school. We had such good times together and so many different youth leaders. It was a little reunion. We even took a picture after church.


(Kathleen, Kimber, Adam, and Scott)









It's super cool to see us grown up and out of all of our awkward stages. haha but these were great people to have grown up with!

I don't have anything exciting going on for a while, but I babysit on Thursday so that will probably be my next blog! :)

1 comment: