Saturday, July 24, 2010

wowzers!

so yeah I have pretty much missed the whole summer on here! oh well
First of all camp went great! about 4 kids every week got saved! I never got to do that part, but one of my campers was really interested in getting saved and baptized so that was really rewarding for me. Working at the ropes course was so awesome too. I learned to belay so that's cool! I also got really comfortable being up high, the highest we could go was only 50 feet though but still it was lots of fun! I love going down the zipline and climbing the pole with lobster claws. I can also put a harness on someone in about 3.7 seconds haha just kidding, but really I did get fast at putting harnesses on kids!
It was hard working camp with Thomas and not being able to show our relationship. It got really frustrating at times and also produced frustration towards each other which ended up in a few little fights. Thankfully we worked quickly through them because neither us liked being upset with the other and then having to still go about our business with our campers. So it was good to grow in that way too.
My friend Mary Palmer and I did a Bible study together the last week of camp on the book Let All the Nations Be Glad. Amazing. It put God's grace in a whole new picture for me and humbled me so much. I need to read certain pages of that book everyday to be reminded of that. Just a few high points.
Prayer isn't a domestic phone line like so many people are preaching these days. It's a war call. God gave us prayer because we are constantly in a war against sin and the world. Not so He can give us a parking spot close to the front of a building.
Jesus came to Earth for God's glory first. His first priority wasn't to save us. That part really made me feel so so selfish.
The line Piper focuses on though is God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.
and I'll leave at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment